[Owasp-leaders] Proposal: Remove all commercial/non-OWASP logos from OWASP.org

Konstantinos Papapanagiotou Konstantinos at owasp.org
Thu Apr 4 14:36:52 UTC 2013

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 1:00 PM, Dinis Cruz <dinis.cruz at owasp.org> wrote:

> it shows that OWASP's value to the corporate sponsors, is NOT a logo on
> owasp.org, but the amazing value provided by the multiple OWASP
> activities, events and projects.

Have you ever tried to convince a company's marketing department to give
you $10k with this argument only? I still haven't found a single marketing
professional that finds more value there than having the company's logo on
the first page.

As I have also said in a previous thread, I agree that OWASP has matured a
lot but IMHO we have a long way until we reach Apache's level of maturity
and nonetheless we are a *very* different organization.

FWIW my answer in a binary question is "no".

Kostas