[Owasp-leaders] OWASP "branded" apps in application stores

Dennis Groves dennis.groves at owasp.org
Wed Apr 3 14:57:46 UTC 2013

On 03/04/2013 08:29, John Wilander wrote:
> I believe such banners have played their role and are becoming part of
> web history. Smart advertisers (and sponsors) move on to more
> effective means of reaching out.
>
> Some ideas:
>
> 1. Public bidding for project support.
> 2. Encourage sponsors to use the OWASP logo and OWASP banners on
> _their_ sites.
Indeed, I believe this is the ultimate *win* scenario. When OWASP is so
valuable to companies that vendors and corporations want the OWASP brand
on their products and sites. We should be part of /their/ NASCAR logo
parade justification about why you should trust them!
> 3. Provide sponsors with OWASP merchandise that they can hand out
> while telling customers about their community support.
Indeed, we should have versions of the OWASP top 10 and the guides
available for Corporations to sell, that have the investing companies
brand all over it. Maybe they make a tax deductible donation to OWASP
for 500 'guides' from us and we do a special print run with their brand
and some extra pages about their company. The company sells or gives
away the books as marketing or product.

--

Dennis Groves <http://about.me/dennis.groves>, MSc
Email me <mailto:dennis.groves at owasp.org> or schedule a meeting

/This email is licensed under a CC BY-ND 3.0
<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/deed.en_GB> license./

*Please do not send me Microsoft Office/Apple iWork documents.*
Send OpenDocument <http://fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument/> instead!
Stand up for your freedom to install free software
<http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/secure-boot/statement>.

    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is
    wrong with the world. -- Paul Farmer