[Owasp-leaders] OWASP "branded" apps in application stores

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Tue Apr 2 14:53:11 UTC 2013

> I like that model too, and that is something that OWASP should do (ban/limit all logos usage on owasp.org website)

Agreed. We still need to honor our sponsors, perhaps just move them to a dedicated sponsorship page like Apache? And for bonus points I'd also like to kill the banner ads.

> But again, that wouldn't prevent the commercial use (or resell) of OWASP materials by 3rd parties :)

I agree. Especially for BSD licensed OWASP projects, they are MEANT for commercial use. If folks on the outside want to use the OWASP brand in their projects, that's a fight for another day I think. I'm only concerned about how OWASP presents itself to the world for now, especially around projects.

Again, see http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs and http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/responsibility.html (particularly the section on "Present an independent face to your project")

Aloha,
Jim