[Owasp-leaders] OWASP "branded" apps in application stores

Dinis Cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Tue Apr 2 13:48:33 UTC 2013

There is nothing wrong with using OWASP materials for financial gain, in fact our licenses encourage that.

The only issue is if the material created are not public/open, which in some cases is against the licence of the original material (Apache 2 allows closing but GPL doesn't)

Now on the 'TOP 10 LogoGate thread' it is an issue of 'who put the work in' and 'what is accepted by the community' :)

Dinis Cruz