[Owasp-leaders] OWASP "branded" apps in application stores

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Tue Apr 2 13:29:55 UTC 2013

Dave,

I am very glad to see that you are concerned about folks using OWASP for
commercial gain.

I feel (and frankly it's clear in the law that governs our international
public trust) that we board members need to be held to a higher standard.

Frankly, we need to be careful about even the •appearance• of inappropriate
behavior around brand use. This is the core of our "fiduciary
responsibility".

So I ask you to please take a cold hard look at the 2013 Top Ten and see
which part is "serving the community" and which part is for your
"commercial gain".

It's not to late to Do The Right Thing.

Aloha,
--
Jim Manico
@Manicode

On Apr 2, 2013, at 9:07 PM, Dave Wichers <dave.wichers at owasp.org> wrote:

As long as he’s not using it for commercial gain or doing something
nefarious, its totally cool. I just had never heard of it.

-Dave

--

*Samantha Groves, MBA*

*OWASP Project Manager*