[Owasp-leaders] Kudos!

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Sun Sep 30 17:29:35 UTC 2012

Tom,

You just replied to a volunteer who built a completely vendor-neutral
creative-commons licensed OWASP presentation with a link from the
company you work for.

As a board member, I expect you to play to a higher standard when it
comes to vendor neutrality, which is a core part of our bylaws and rules
of ethics.

Now if you made this content creative commons and turned it into an
OWASP project, I think you would be at a higher state of OWASP integrity.
_*
*__*Because of choices like this that you continue to make, it's very
difficult for me to support your candidacy as a board membe*__*r.*_

And by the way, your content around SQL Injection never mentions query
parametrization when it comes to SQL Injection mitigation. That is just
dangerously and foolishly wrong.  Not only are you breaching vendor
neutrality, you are giving bad advice about how to stop the most
dangerous threat to web applications. It's troubling at best.

- Jim Manico
OWASP Volunteer
@manicode