[Owasp-leaders] ZAP Marketing quotes

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Wed Sep 26 19:26:02 UTC 2012

Simon,

First, props on getting into the top 5 OWASP pages.  That rocks.

Second, I'd really work on highlighting ZAP's selection for the Google
Summer of Code - I followed ZAP's progress with GSoC and its really worth
making noise about about the work that happened there.

Third, ZAP is the best option (in my mind) for an open source,
cross-platform local proxy that is also free (as in beer).  My default
answer for people getting into the field is to start with ZAP.  The last
several training classes I've held centered on ZAP as the proxy of choice.
 I still have a big soft spot for WebScarab (the proxy I learned on) but
the UI + the current care and feeding that project is getting from the
community really makes the difference.

Forth, I know that ZAP has an API and beenshell integration.  I think
additional work on documenting use cases for these would be great.  Also,
adding Jython/Jruby support/documentation would be awesome and potentially
allow for possible CI integration or interesting feature additions to ZAP.

Lastly, feel free to mention that Rackspace is using ZAP.  I've introduced
ZAP to several developers and Quality Engineers who want to look at things
from an HTTP perspective.  I've got some internal training planned and I
will be using ZAP to demonstrate the power of a local HTTP proxy.  I'll be
at the OpenStack Summit in a couple of weeks and will be pimping it there
as well.

Keep on rocking.

--
-- Matt Tesauro