[Owasp-leaders] Docs / CheatSheet on difference between WAF/IDS/IPS & when to use

Wong Onn Chee ocwong at usa.net
Thu Sep 20 14:41:44 UTC 2012

Hi Abbas and Matt,

My $0.02.

Nowadays, I am seeing IPS vendors claiming their products come with WAF
capabilities (albeit some require additional modules).

So the boundaries between IPS and WAF may be disappearing with time.
Just like how UTM (unified threat management) products combine several
functions into one.

Cheers
Onn Chee
Chapter Lead