[Owasp-leaders] Linux repos

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Thu Sep 13 19:47:43 UTC 2012

Simon,

Zap has been in the OWASP WTE repo since sometime in 2011 along with the
other WTE tools:
http://appseclive.org/apt/stable/

which allows WTE users to update their VMs (or other Debian based systems
that put the WTE repo into their sources).

I've got a weekend with the family starting tomorrow (with moving, we never
really did a summer trip) but after this weekend, I'm going to start
working on updating all the packages and release a new WTE VM based on
Xubuntu 12.04.

If for no other reason, I've been sharing Zap via WTE with Rackspace QE
people and I want them (and the rest of the WTE user base) to get the
latest tools.

For potential Zap users, all they'd need to do on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux
Mint/... is:

$ sudo echo "deb http://appseclive.org/apt/stable / #OWASP WTE Stable
Repository" >> /etc/apt/sources.list

$ sudo apt-get update

$ sudo apt-get install owasp-wte-zap

After its installed, they will continue to get updates as WTE publishes new
packages.

Better documentation of all this is planned when the AppSecLive.org site
gets a major facelift in October.

I'm also looking forward to Zap + the Google Summer of Code improvements.
 I've been watching the progress over the summer.  Great stuff.

Cheers!

--
-- Matt Tesauro
OWASP Board Member