[Owasp-leaders] History of OWASP

Dennis Groves dennis.groves at owasp.org
Thu Sep 13 18:40:51 UTC 2012

Hello Michael and community!  I am indeed interested.

FYI: OWASP didn't start on the 9th of September 2001; a new list charter
for the mobile-application security mailing list did; and it became the
webappsec list where owasp was born shortly after.

My personal emails show the public announcement for OWASP as Sun, 23 Sep
2001. However, it seems that history shows it as the 24 Sep 2001; so Mark
must have had me proof read the announcement. :-)

(http://marc.info/?l=webappsec&m=100131514124805&w=2)

Cheers,

Dennis

--
--
Dennis Groves <http://about.me/dennis.groves>, MSc
dennis.groves at owasp.org

 <http://www.owasp.org/>

*This work is licensed under the Creative Commons
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of
this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/ or
send a letter to Creative Commons, 444 Castro Street, Suite 900, Mountain
View, California, 94041, USA.*