[Owasp-leaders] Experiences about the start of the chapters.
psiinon at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 09:24:05 UTC 2012
Heres some random thoughts regarding setting up a new chapter, based on my
experience setting up the Manchester (UK) one:
- Use your contacts to spread the word - colleagues, ex-colleagues,
anyone who may know anyone who may be interested
- Try to get as many developers interested as possible
- Try to let people know the meeting dates well in advance so people can
- The OWASP Top 10 is a great place to start
- You may worry about getting speakers, but once word gets out people
will probably approach you about presenting
- Make sure theres time for people to socialize at chapter meetings -
everyone I've talked to at our meetings really enjoys that
- Try to create an atmosphere where people feel comfortable to chip in -
we've had some great discussions leading from comments people have made
On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 2:49 AM, Hector Aguirre <
hector.antonio.aguirre at owasp.org> wrote:
> OWASP is starting Paraguay evangelization activities :)
> (started two months ago)
> I am currently conducting talks on OWASP Top 10.
> For the month of December we are preparing a new seminar on Top 10. I need to
> deliver items to the press to publicize chapter.
> Grateful if they could share their experiences about the start of the
> Hector Aguirre
> OWASP-Leaders mailing list
> OWASP-Leaders at lists.owasp.org
OWASP ZAP <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/ZAP> Project leader
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OWASP-Leaders