[Owasp-leaders] Experiences about the start of the chapters.

psiinon psiinon at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 09:24:05 UTC 2012

Hi Hector,

Welcome aboard:)

Heres some random thoughts regarding setting up a new chapter, based on my
experience setting up the Manchester (UK) one:

   - Use your contacts to spread the word - colleagues, ex-colleagues,
   anyone who may know anyone who may be interested
   - Try to get as many developers interested as possible
   - Try to let people know the meeting dates well in advance so people can
   plan ahead
   - The OWASP Top 10 is a great place to start
   - You may worry about getting speakers, but once word gets out people
   will probably approach you about presenting
   - Make sure theres time for people to socialize at chapter meetings -
   everyone I've talked to at our meetings really enjoys that
   - Try to create an atmosphere where people feel comfortable to chip in -
   we've had some great discussions leading from comments people have made

Good luck!

Simon

--
OWASP ZAP <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/ZAP> Project leader