[Owasp-leaders] Use of proprietary software was SVG/AI/EPS

D H dmalloc at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Nov 10 18:37:39 UTC 2012

Dennis Groves wrote:
> No, its utilitarian ethics <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utilitarianism>.

Apart from this being the wrong list for this conversation the merit of
the many different forms of utilitarian ethics is something that has yet
to be decided. Not to mention that you only encourage people like me to
pull out Kant's deontological ethics.

Personally I find your statement quite offensive. I subscribe fully to
the core ethics of OWASP and yet I do not quite see what that has to do
with me using Safari.

Not to mention that there are hundreds of tools out there which will
happily convert from most proprietary formats to an open one. Unless of
course that is technically impossible.

What this
 * Treat everyone with respect and dignity
has to do with proprietary formats is beyond my comprehension.