[Owasp-leaders] Open, Leaders, AppSec

Chris Schmidt chris.schmidt at aspectsecurity.com
Wed Nov 7 18:48:12 UTC 2012

*cough* forums *cough*

Chris Schmidt
Application Security Engineer
chris.schmidt at aspectsecurity.com

ASPECT)SECURITY
Application Security Experts
720-272-9236 (Direct)
301-604-4882 (Main)

9175 Guilford Road, Suite 300
Columbia, MD 21046
http://www.aspectsecurity.com

From: owasp-leaders-bounces at lists.owasp.org [mailto:owasp-leaders-bounces at lists.owasp.org] On Behalf Of Abbas Naderi
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 11:39 AM
To: Samantha Groves
Cc: owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org
Subject: Re: [Owasp-leaders] Open, Leaders, AppSec

Hi leaders,

I have a suggestion which is actually used in many other communities,

Lets create another list, namely owasp-leaders-informal or something for these sorts of messages.

For example there are issues I really like a huge leaders population to see and provide feedback on, but don't wanna bother people so I just don't post.

Using another side-list, anyone who's not willing can limit reception and we would have a much better chance of getting every owasp-leaders mailing list mail getting read by all.

Thanks

-Abbas

On ۱۷ آبان ۱۳۹۱, at ۲۲:۰۵, Samantha Groves <samantha.groves at owasp.org> wrote:

+1 Thank you, Jim.

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 6:30 PM, Jim Manico <jim.manico at owasp.org> wrote:

Leaders,

OWASP is indeed an open community. But please, let's not be open like
Goatse. I politely suggest that that we keep the leaders list
conversations to Application Security and OWASP Governance.

If you want to debate global politics, philosophy, religion, art, how
to properly milk a cow or whatever else floats your boat, we can set
up a new list, say owasp-philosophy.

But may I politely suggest that we lower the noise (this goes for me
as well) and focus on application security?

Aloha,

--
Jim Manico
@Manicode