[Owasp-leaders] Teachers wanted for OWASP challanges at hacking-lab

german.suarez at owasp.org german.suarez at owasp.org
Fri Mar 30 12:49:23 UTC 2012

Hi, Im really interested to!
Enviado desde mi BlackBerry de Movistar

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Knobloch <martin.knobloch at owasp.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 10:23:38
To: owasp-leaders<owasp-leaders at owasp.org>; Owasp-Leaders at Lists.Owasp<owasp-leaders at lists.owasp.org>
Cc: Ivan Buetler<ivan.buetler at owasp.org>; Ivan Buetler<e1 at hacking-lab.com>
Subject: Teachers wanted for OWASP challanges at hacking-lab

Hi fellow leaders!

The OWASP TopTen challenges are a great success:
https://www.hacking-lab.com/events/details.html?eventid=245

*We currently have 1116 registered users and therefore, we are looking for
volunteers to increase the number of teachers!*

What is different?
The great difference between common hacking challenges and the challenges
at Hacking-Lab is, the solutions
are validated by real teachers!
*Real hands-on experience makes the difference, that's why OWASP has
decided to go this route. *

You cannot score the max points only by hacking. You have to supply details
about how you did it!
Furthermore, you have to come up with a detailed mitigation!

What we expect?
We need volunteers who are willing to log-in at the OWASP Hacking-Lab
challenge and validate the solution.
- log into the Hacking-Lab OWASP portal
- validate the solutions send in by the participants
- comment on the solutions and assign points
To protect Hacking-Lab's intellectual property, you will have to sign an
NDA.

Interested?
Send and email to ivan.buetler at owasp.org or martin.knobloch at owasp.org

Who is Hacking-Lab
Hacking-Lab provides a large set of Online Security Challenges to increase
your skill level with hands-on experience in the field of Network Security,
Penetration Testing, Web Application Security, Unix Security, Windows
Security, Reverse Engineering, Forensics and more.
https://www.hacking-lab.com/index.html

Hacking-Lab does offer their online training service for free to OWASP.
Both OWASP and Hacking-Lab have signed the 'Letter of Intent' to make the
agreements open and transparent.
See the agreement: https://www.*owasp*.org/images/5/50/LOI_*Hacking*-*Labs*
.pdf

Looking forward to welcome you to the team,

Cheers,
-martin