[Owasp-leaders] Try Something New...

David Montero david.montero at owasp.org
Tue Mar 27 21:43:05 UTC 2012

Hi all,

In OWASP Andalucia have a few ideas, we don't know if new, for promoting
chapter:

   - OWASP Nights. Beta version. We have OWASP Days, why not OWASP Nights?
   Collaborate with Universities to organizate OWASP practical meetings for
   young people interested in information security, a little of practical
   information security using OWASP tools and documents, a little of mentoring
   too.
   - For membership. Beta version. Any kit membership present, for example,
   OWASP shoulder bag plus OWASP sticker for new members, it's cheap for
   chapters, 4$ + 0,25$ in merchandising.
   - Foster networking. More presence in Twitter and Facebook, with all
   free. We have opened Twitter account @owasp_andalucia and we have 50
   followers in three months, and increasing.
   - Universities. Contact with open-source investigation groups inside
   Universities. In Spain exists at least one group by university. They share
   the "open" spirit, and promote any activity related with.

Regards,

--
David Montero "Raistlin", CISA, CISM, CRISC
OWASP Andalucia