[Owasp-leaders] A new LinkedIn group for confirmed OWASP members only?

Andy Lewis alewis at owasp.org
Tue Mar 27 13:14:43 UTC 2012

I think we¹re losing sight of the Mission.  Part of the magic of OWASP is
that it¹s OPEN.  Anybody can come to a meeting, paid or not.  If people
aren¹t signing up, it¹s because there¹s no perceived value in signing up.

Having an @owasp.org address adds value.

If you want members, add value.  Members-only discounts, members-only
promotions, members-only DefCon backstage passes, etc add value.

I don¹t have a specific answer other than this: add value in a way that
doesn¹t make us seem like a bunch of people looking down our noses at
non-members.

My 2cents.