[Owasp-leaders] A new LinkedIn group for confirmed OWASP members only?
helen.gao at owasp.org
Tue Mar 27 03:12:32 UTC 2012
Dear OWASP leaders,
Do you think a new LinkedIn group for confirmed OWASP members will attract
new members? But will it alienate people? A decision will be made in
AppSecDC in April. Please reply with your opinion by Sunday, 4/2/12.
By the way, did you know that the existing Global OWASP Foundation LinkedIn
group <http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Global-OWASP-Foundation-36874> has
more than 10 thousand members? In just one week of March 11, 2012, 86
people joined, 12 discussions took place and 7 jobs were created.
A new LinkedIn group for confirmed members
What's the issue:
- Currently there is a Global OWASP Foundation LinkedIn
It is free and open.
- OWASP Confirmed
a subgroup that's designed for paid and honorary members only.
GMC’s recommendation – GMC discussed the matter in the March meeting.
- The existing free and open LinkedIn
not be changed or impacted by the new group.
- The name of the group is OWASP Confirmed Member. Confirmed means paid
and honorary membership.
- A new, OWASP Confirmed Member subgroup is a good idea to increase
- The new group should be used as and only as a digital membership card
which is similar to the printable membership card currently issued at the
end of a RegOnline payment transaction.
- There should be no discussion, forum or other content restricted by
this subgroup. OWASP material will remain free and open.
- We should avoid wording that alienate people and deviate from the
OWASP mission. We need to pay attention to content on OWASP website,
RegOnline, marketing material, etc.
- Protect member privacy in the subgroup
- OWASP reserves the right to remove a subgroup member
- There will be two ways to join the subgroup.
1. RegOnline – There will be a check box that say something like
this: Join LinkedIn for OWASP Confirmed Members: Yes/No LinkedIn for
OWASP Confirmed Members is a …. This a subgroup of Global OWASP
LinkedIn group which is open to all LinkedIn members. The default
option is No.
2. LinkedIn – A person can apply to join the subgroup on the webpage
and a request will be sent to the group administrator. Once the
email address is confirmed to be a current paid or honorary member then
he/she will be added to the group.
- A person will be removed from the group if his/her paid membership
expires or he/she stops being qualified for honorary status.
- Open issue - Should all qualified people be automatically added to
the group or each person has to request to join?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OWASP-Leaders