[Owasp-leaders] OWASP speaker agreement

Benny Ketelslegers benny.ketelslegers at owasp.org
Tue Mar 27 01:55:29 UTC 2012

Thank you for the responses. I think it's best that we write some local
guidelines like Jim mentioned in Japanese. We are still working on things
like that.

As for our chapter startup, I certainly don't want to take all the credit
for that. Okada-san, Ueno-san and the local team have been working on this
longer then I have been in Japan. Although externally I'm the most vocal
(noisy) one, this is definitely a team effort. I'm grateful that they are
showing me a great deal of patience since I'm new to Japan. We will have
some occasional bumps in the road but I hope that doesn't stop us from
succeeding in what everything thinks is an overdue launch of a local OWASP
chapter. There are some great people here and I want to see them succeed
and have a great time.

We will keep in touch about our adventures. And I shouldn't forget to
mention Sarah, Kate and Sebastien for their guidance and help.

Best regards

On Tuesday, March 27, 2012, Dennis Groves <dennis.groves at owasp.org> wrote:
> Benny the first rule of OWASP is do whatever you can to be successful.
> Growing the community is the formost imperative.
> Don't worry to much about the OWASP rules. Do worry a great deal about
service to the community. If the community doesn't have a great time and
get a great deal out of it - everybody looses including OWASP.
> As a community we do try and loosely adhere to what Jim said. However,
none of us have ever had the success you have had. So you are doing the
right thing, don't worry - the impact your having may well cause us to
re-evaluate the rules.
> Be successful and share with us how you did it!
> Best of luck today Benny,
>
> Dennis
>
> --
> Dennis Groves, MSc
> dennis.groves at owasp.org
>

> This work is licensed under the Creative Commons
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of
this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/ or
send a letter to Creative Commons, 444 Castro Street, Suite 900, Mountain
View, California, 94041, USA.

benny.ketelslegers at owasp.org> wrote:

>> Goodday everyone,
>>
>> Having a small internal discussion and wanted to get a quick response.
My apologies for bothering the list.

>> Question: is agreeing to the OWASP speaker agreement MANDATORY for
speaking at a chapter and should a chapter leader uphold this rule?