[Owasp-leaders] OWASP speaker agreement

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Sun Mar 25 15:25:17 UTC 2012

Ideally,

1) Speaker should give a vendor-neutral talk only
2) Talk should be creative-commons and distributable
3) Deck should be largely OWASP branded (one bio slide at the end with a
vendor logo is ok, in my opinion)
4) Focus should be on Web Security or something related to Application
Security (we are OWASP after all!)

And the more you go "up the chain" in the OWASP hierarchy, the more
these values should be upheld. I think vendor-neutrality is especially
important for committee chairs and board members.

And in general, I say if the speaker is doing a direct sales pitch; it's
ok to throw rotten vegetables[1]. Tomatoes work well and are soft on impact.

Aloha,

--
Jim Manico

Connections Committee Chair