[Owasp-leaders] [ANN] a new blog on application security - armored code.com

John Wilander john.wilander at owasp.org
Thu Mar 22 16:04:31 UTC 2012

Hi all!

My take on this:

1) There's no need to bash leaders who promote a new non-profit initiative,
be it a personal blog or an alpha project.

2) There's neither need to be upset and loose your belief in OWASP because
one leader dislikes or bashes your initiative. Subsequent leader emails
proved that, right Paolo?

3) I guess most of us have personal appsec blogs, some successful, some
built on occasional spurs of inspiration (like mine). It will not be
effective for all of us to start a leaders' list thread promoting our blog.

4) We should empower the leaders by offering them all a
https://firstNameLastName.owasp.org blog space. A general disclaimer on
each. Then we produce a directory of the blogs along with a one liner
promoting each – "John is a frontend developer at a major bank and blogs on
how security fits into JavaScript, RESTful services, and software
engineering."

   Regards, John

--
John Wilander, https://twitter.com/johnwilander