[Owasp-leaders] [ANN] a new blog on application security - armored code.com

Nitin Arya nitin.arya at owasp.org
Wed Mar 21 17:54:41 UTC 2012

Yes Mr.Michael,
 I agree with you there's nothing objectionable here but my point was this
:-
I too don't want everyone to push their blogs here like they are doing it
casually but i want them to be in organized form and show some respect
towards owasp mailing list .

(Example )
Scenario 1 :-===============================NOT GOOD
==========================

Hey check my blog on appsec  http:xyz.com .......
i want you to discuss .........
(Example)
Scenario 2:-==========================GOOD==========================
Mention some work like this
*HI everyone i would like to mention my blog and new ideas about infosec.
http://reversemode.com*

Reversing Industrial firmware for fun and backdoors
Written by Rubén
Monday, 12 December 2011

Everybody knows I'm commited to hack into the LHC and then blow up the
world, my first try was 4 months ago, as you can see below this post, I
published “The power of reading: the CERN case” where I explained the
method used to obtain confidential information about the LHC that lead me
to 'hack' into the CERN (not really). Anyway, if you carefully take a look
at the picture that contains some PLCs modules, you'll distinguish their
names; one of them was “NOE 771”.

*If you would like to discuss more about it and other infosec things do
check my blog  http://reversemode.com/<http://reversemode.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=80&Itemid=0>
*.
Thank You

====================================end===============================================

   - This seems more like a OWASP thing in functional manner and shows your
   sincerity.
   - This was my point. I hope you understand this  i have learned several
   things reading your articles and this is one of them.

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 10:59 PM, Michael Coates <michael.coates at owasp.org>
wrote:
> Nitin,
>
> Perhaps I don't understand your concerns, but I believe its a good idea
for our established owasp leaders to let the list be aware of a new
security blog.

> I agree we don't need every corporation to try and push a company
security blog, but I don't see that as the case here at all. Nor do we need
people to send emails to the leaders list for every post they make (that's
what the owasp feed is for).

nitin.arya at owasp.org

https://sites.google.com/a/owasp.org/nitin-arya/