[Owasp-leaders] Ruby for penetration tester talk and my first time in a dev conf

Rory McCune rorym at nmrconsult.net
Wed Jun 20 16:00:05 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 2:26 PM, Paolo Perego <thesp0nge at owasp.org> wrote:
> Hi guys, I want to share a story with you.
>
> Last Friday, I attended as a speaker to Italian RubyDay 2012 conference.
> It was the first time for me as a speaker in a conference designed for
> developers... it was amazing.
>
> I gave a talk about using Ruby to make some web application
> penetration test step, using the Owasp Testing Guide as background
> reference.
> Slides are online here:
> https://speakerdeck.com/u/thesp0nge/p/ruby-for-penetration-tester
>
> On about filling the gaps with developers... my talk was the most
> upvoted, so I guess developers do care about security.
> Talking at this kind of events it is the right way to spread the voice!

Cool :)

I've been presenting at the Scottish Ruby conference for a couple of
years now and I'd definitely agree that from what I've seen the
developers are always interested in it.  Personally I actually prefer
presenting at dev or general IT conferences, you always get a
different perspective from outside of the security industry that
way...

Also interesting looking slides, I'll need to check out some of those gems..

Cheers

Rory