[Owasp-leaders] Chapter Reboot initiative is gaining momentum

Ludovic Petit ludovic.petit at owasp.org
Tue Jun 19 16:35:38 UTC 2012

Hi Kate

We French Chapter decided to donate 20% of our funds, so 800$, to the
Project Reboot 2012.

We would like these funds be shared as follows

   - OWASP Development Guide (Selected for Reboot):  400$
   - OWASP Mobile Project  (Selected for Reboot):  400$

As much as possible, once the funds raising done, we would like to suggest
the Foundation to post the list of Projets selected for Reboot, describing
for each projects the Action Plan, updated on a monthly basis so that
people/companies around the world can have up-to-date information (we are
asked for):

- What (the Project, Name of the Deliverable)
- Who (Contributors)
- When (Due by)

We all know that volunteering isn't that simple, but this Reboot project
has to be the refreshing wind on the OWASP Foundation overall strategy. To
succeed, we need to stress us a little bit so that deadlines and
deliverables can be issued on time. We need this.

Corporate donations can also help succeed, as this Reboot Project could
maybe provide answers to specific questions Corporate might have, for their
own needs, about Web Application Security.

That being said, our pleasure to help, even if we do not have lots of funds
to share.
The global strategic effort has to benefit locally, by capillarity for each
local Chapter, as value-added.

Best!

Ludovic & Sébastien
--