[Owasp-leaders] ABORT the OWASP Email Lists

Dinis Cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Thu Jun 7 06:37:04 UTC 2012

Matt, its great that you are trying to solve this, but this just shows the
need that we have to have dedicated (even part-time) professional
network/application support for OWASP.

Like Jim mentioned, the Mailing list are a real problem since these issues
have dramatically affected the usability of one of the most solid and
useful OWASP community resources we have (and in the projects I'm involved
, there is a direct negative impact due to this)

On that topic, there was a note last month that we had hired such resource.
Has it happend? if so who it is? And if not, we need to put some urgency in
this hire, since we need help!

For example, when we say *'lets move from Mailman to Google Groups',* who
is going to do it? Are we really expecting all our project/chapter leaders
to do it?

Btw, these problems just show how great of a job Larry did during all those
years he managed the OWASP Mailing lists (amongst other things).

Dinis Cruz