[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Website down!

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Mon Jul 9 15:26:12 UTC 2012

We are in the middle of migrating our servers from Rackspace public cloud
to Rackspace managed cloud.

Once that is complete, keeping the servers updated, running and monitored
will be Rackspace's problem.  Under the public cloud, we're guaranteed
network and power, the rest is our problem.

>From my perspective, the more things we can shift to services that have
SLA's, the better.  With managed hosting, there's someone 24x7x365 keeping
an eye on our servers.

The migration has started but was delayed during my relocation and my
wife's hospitalization.  My wife is now out of the hospital and my mother
has flown in to take care of my wife and kids so I can return to work (both
paid and volunteer).

I will be restarting the migration effort this week with OCMS as the first
host migrated, followed by www.owasp.org.  Look for updates as I get caught
back up with the work and OWASP parts of my life.

Cheers!

--
-- Matt Tesauro
OWASP Board Member