[Owasp-leaders] Christian Heinrich

Rex Booth rex.booth at owasp.org
Tue Jul 3 11:36:33 UTC 2012

Why is this being brought up now?

From my perspective, we had finally put this issue to rest.  The guy not only misbehaved in multiple ways, but any contributions he made were far outweighed by the damage he caused constantly stirring the pot and driving people away.

Do you not remember how acrimonious the leaders list was when he was a participant?  And do you really think your time is best spent hand-holding Christian and filtering his communications upon his return?  That's maximizing value for OWASP?

Frankly, I'm disappointed you bring this up, Jim.  From my perspective, the board finally took action to remove a cancer from our community, yet here you are trying to orchestrate its return to soothe your pangs of conscience.

One of the requirements of leadership is the ability to make tough decisions.  All of us here should respect that the board (finally) did so in this case and let the issue rest.  OWASP is not the only security community on earth - let Christian find another one to join.

Rex