[Owasp-leaders] Cheat sheet vs code review guide and dev guide

Antonio Fontes antonio.fontes at owasp.org
Mon Jul 2 06:52:40 UTC 2012

Hi Eoin,

My 2cents: cheat sheets are directive, execution oriented. They
summarize "what should be done". An XSS cheat sheet means nothing to
someone who never had the opportunity of understanding how XSS works,
why it should be prevented and why remediation steps may sound more
complex than on other flaws.

Guides should explain all of this. I'd even prefer the term "manual" as
it would auto-describe itself more as teaching material rather than
"guidance material".

AFO

--
Antonio Fontes