[Owasp-leaders] Cheat sheet vs code review guide and dev guide

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Mon Jul 2 05:52:55 UTC 2012

> My view is that a cheat sheet should provide the cubicle wall view,
preferably on a single A4 or A3 sheet of paper.

Exactly, Drew. There is a long history of developer cheat sheets that fit
this model. I intend to slowly migrate some of the more lengthy cheat
sheets in this direction.

But I do not want to lose any of the good content; perhaps migrate some
of the longer cheat sheets into the dev
guide?

--
Jim Manico
VP, Security Architecture

On Jul 2, 2012, at 4:12 AM, vanderaj vanderaj <vanderaj at owasp.org> wrote:

My view is that a cheat sheet should provide the cubicle wall view,
preferably on a single A4 or A3 sheet of paper.

The * Guide should provide the in depth view of the entire shaboom. Like
the abandoned desktop reference project.

Standards like ASVS and Top 10 should try to be concise, but linked in to
the Guides.

My $0.02 (which is $0.05 in Australia).

thanks
Andrew