[Owasp-leaders] 2013 Global Summit - Request for Proposals
OWASP Summit 2013
owasp-summit-2013 at owasp.org
Tue Jan 31 17:45:53 UTC 2012
Dear OWASP Leaders and Contributors -
The Summit Planning team is looking for a venue for the 2013 Global Summit
to be scheduled for 4 days and 5 nights, preferably during Q1 2013 (but
this is not mandatory). If you are have a location in mind or would like to
host the Summit, please submit a proposal with the information specified
below by March 1, 2012. The proposal can be a rough draft with estimated
expenses based on the criteria provided; however, please provide as many
hard quotes as possible (proposals with actual quotations from venues will
be more highly scored).
Summit Venue Proposals should include the following information:
1. Local OWASP Planning team
2. Location of Venue
3. Proposed Dates (target Q1 2013) - event for 4 days and 5 nights
4. Nearest international airport (name and distance). Also -
· What countries will require a visa and what is the cost of
obtaining a visa to visit this location?
5. Venue: Minimum Required Room Set:
- 1 large room to include everyone (est. 300)
- 2 medium rooms for approx. 150 people
- 3 small rooms for approx. 30 people
- Staff/Operations room
- Storage room
- Support for camera platform in each room (wired networking preferred)
- List any additional space available
- Provide floor plan if available
- Availability of electrical power in rooms for laptops
6. Food & Beverage
· Quotation on Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner for 300 (4 days)
· Quote on a reception (beer & wine) 2 hours
· Provide full menu with pricing
· Costs for hosted alcoholic beverages
· 5 Nights accommodation for 300 double occupancy
· What group/shared accommodations are available (villas, houses,
· Cost for a minimum of 10 MB down 5 Up unrestricted Internet
· Ability to deploy our own event network (for infrastructure such
as collaboration servers and streaming servers)
· Availability of convenience network for attendees
· Accessibility of patch panel
· Availability of us putting in or “own” Internet
10. Why is this place coolest place ever? Sell us on why we should pick
you location...or what is unique and special about this place?
Additional considerations -
These are not required for an RFP, but may be used to evaluate the
· What are the expected travel costs for OWASP members to travel to
· Is location easy to travel to without many
connections/layovers/drive between airport and venue?
· Does the location offer cheap lodging that facilitates group
synergy and collaboration?
· Is their on-site catering?
· Is it a quiet location conducive to getting work done?
· What is the ease of doing business in this location?
· Are there any safety/security concerns that travelers may have?
· What are the weather conditions and local climate at the location
for the time proposed?
Timeline -Submissions must be received by March 1, 2012 and the Summit
planning team will make a decision by April 1.
Proposals can be submitted to owasp-summit-2013 at owasp.org
Questions can also be directed to Sarah Baso (sarah.baso at owasp.org) or Mark
Bristow (mark.bristow at owasp.org)
Thanks in advance for your consideration and time in putting proposals
The 2013 Summit Planning Team
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OWASP-Leaders