[Owasp-leaders] What is the problem with http://security.stackexchange.com/

Michael Coates michael.coates at owasp.org
Thu Jan 26 14:41:34 UTC 2012

It seems that security.stackexchange.com/ has many features that we're looking for (as mentioned in the other thread).  But, the one thing that jumps out to me is it doesn't feel like OWASP (e.g. look and feel - not value wise).  What I'm getting at is I like the idea of directing people to some sort of OWASP site or OWASP list because it feels like we're building the OWASP community overall.

This doesn't always make sense of course. We can't just try and shift a large group of people from one usage pattern to another. But, if we're working from a clean slate for 101 type issues, a method that is either branded OWASP or part of our existing OWASP systems may work better.

I'm not saying we should part ways with the idea of security.stackexchange.com/, these are just the things that cross my mind when I look at the Security101 mailing list (or forum) idea and how it could interact with security.stackexchange.com/.

Michael Coates
OWASP
michael.coates at owasp.org