[Owasp-leaders] What is the problem with http://security.stackexchange.com/

Chris Schmidt chris.schmidt at owasp.org
Thu Jan 26 13:50:54 UTC 2012

experts-exchange is a pay service, I would recommend staying away from.

I am curious what is wrong with stack-exchange as well. This sounds like
*exactly* what the intent of that experiment was. I haven't been there
for a few weeks, but last I checked people were still actively using it
as well. With a little additional oomph from the OWASP membership I
think that it could become very active. Stack exchange already ranks
extremely well in search results so for the majority of people who
google their questions, I think this is a better solution all the way
around.

Additionally, there is already an OWASP irc channel that we could start
promoting as a place to come ask questions to, right now it is usually
just a few of us lurkers but we do occasionally get people in who have
security questions.