[Owasp-leaders] Government outreach

Lucas Ferreira lucas at sapao.net
Wed Jan 25 14:35:12 UTC 2012

Hello Wojciech,

In Brazil, we have been taking a grassroots approach, after trying to reach
the "big guys". We realized that reaching the top layers of the government
is difficult and time consuming. These people are usually very busy and
have lots of people trying to "evangelize" them on several different issues.

For the top layers, we have written a manifesto:
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Brasil_Manifesto/en

The current approach is to reach out the technical guys and first level
managers. We are currently talking to the people that define the IT
standards for the Brazilian Federal government. We hope this conversation
could lead to more tangible results than the earlier approach. We have been
showing them OWASP stuff such as the Developer's guide, SAMM, etc. We also
have put them in contact with people from government agencies which are
using OWASP materials as the basis for their own methodologies.

We are also seeing increasing interest from governmental bodies in OWASP
documents and tools, and this is, IMHO, the result of several awareness and
outreach initiatives, both local and global.

Best regards,

Lucas

--
Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum.