[Owasp-leaders] Adding OWASP ModSecurity CRS to OWASP Live CD

Chuck Willis chuck at securityfoundry.com
Wed Jan 25 01:41:27 UTC 2012

The VM is running ModSecurity from the Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (lucid)
packages, which is version 2.5.11-1.  I believe that version includes
Lua support.  I looked a bit and don't see a package available to
upgrade ModSecurity to 2.6.x (without having upgrade the whole OS),
but installing from source shouldn't be too painful.  I'll put that on
my list of things to do for the 1.0 release.

The CRS is synced to the SVN server for that project.  As shipped, the
VM has somewhere around version 2.1.2, but you can update to current
by running:

svn update /owaspbwa/modsecurity-crs-svn

Let me know if you run into any issues.  I'm looking to get a 1.0
release out in the next few months.

Chuck