[Owasp-leaders] Commercial use of OWASP products

Juan calderon juan.calderon at owasp.org
Sun Jan 8 01:02:20 UTC 2012

Notice that not all OWASP projects are GPL, some are BSD licenced (like
ESAPI) and other projects are under different open source licences.

BDS is commercial friendly, so you can take ESAPI and create your own
secure components implementation without any source code dislosure
requirements.

I would encourage those that ask you to give a check on the licences of the
project of their interest to see what they can do with it and what
limitations they might face.

Regards,
Juan Carlos