[Owasp-leaders] [OWASP-chapters] 2012 Kick Off - Call to Action

Tony UcedaVelez tonyuv at owasp.org
Fri Jan 6 16:21:18 UTC 2012

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share and support some of Tom's points here with some
anecdotal lessons learned from the ATL chapter.

Meetup.com has been been great.  We still have our mail list of course, but
on our chapter page (www.owasp.org/index.php/Atlanta) we have key
references to our meetup.com site where we are trying to transition our
member base to their in order that we can communicate, collaborate, annouce
meetings, rsvp for meetings - all in a funner and simpler online
experience.

It also allows for us to tie into other Meetup.com groups to Tom's point.
I've started to go to some of the dev groups in the ATL area and am trying
to recruit them into our OWASP meetings so that we can populate our infosec
base with more devheads.  What helps in this area is to have a roundtable
of leaders supporting you.  I've created a roundtable of 5 in ATL.  This is
a world of a difference and we can divide and conquer in the overall
communication, attendance to other dev/ tech groups in the city, which
would otherwise be impossible for just me.Will definitely get one of our
leads to check out garysguide.com for further integration to city tech or
hacking lusting groups.

In terms of finances too, meetup.com allows for sponosring of the site page
which is cool which I'm going to try and have it tie to our A/R office
obviously in order that we can further our financial mission to gain more
$$$ supporters.

Well, that's it.  Nothing revolutionary, but thought I'd share.  Happy New
Year everyone.

Tony UV

--

Tony UcedaVelez