[Owasp-leaders] Commercial use of OWASP products

Chris Schmidt chris.schmidt at owasp.org
Fri Jan 6 15:24:37 UTC 2012

Bruce -

Per the FAQ at
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyDoesTheGPLPermitUsersToPublishTheirModifiedVersions

You are allowed to sell copies of the modified program commercially, but
only under the terms of the GNU GPL. Thus, for instance, you must make
the source code available to the users of the program as described in
the GPL, and they must be allowed to redistribute and modify it as
described in the GPL.

These requirements are the condition for including the GPL-covered code
you received in a program of your own