[Owasp-leaders] Commercial use of OWASP products

Jerry Hoff jerry at owasp.org
Fri Jan 6 14:55:48 UTC 2012

Hi Bruce,

If WebGoat is GPL'ed, then they really don't even need permission from
OWASP, right?  You can sell GPL'ed software, as long as all the
licensing requirements are met.

My understanding is if they modify the source code and try to sell that
modified version, then they are obligated to submit the modified source
code back to the community or otherwise make that source code available.

Jerry Hoff