[Owasp-leaders] Remote Repositories on SourceForge

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at owasp.org
Thu Jan 5 02:03:38 UTC 2012

GPC,

To quote the e-mail from the esapi-dev e-mail below - can you please advise
if Project Leaders are to be burdened in moving their repositories' to
SourceForge as opposed a GPC resource establishing a remote repository at
SourceForge which "pulls" at specific intervals i.e. the Project Leader
maintains their existing repository on Google Code, GitHub, etc?

If the GPC has the expectation to collapse the existing respositories' on
Google Code, GitHub, etc, can the GPG outline what "safeguards" they have
implemented to ensure ongoing community goodwill and avoid other Project
Leaders enduring similar distress that I experienced when I suddenly lost
membership to a number of OWASP Mailing Lists without notification or due
process i.e.
http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/2010-July/008706.html?

How will reduced consumer expectation be managed when the time to perform a
"svn checkout" (i.e. the latest commit) is now significantly greater with
"git clone" (i.e. all commits)?

Also, can the GPC indicate when they intend to address the outstanding
concerns, i.e.
http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-leaders/2011-November/006380.html, of
their selection of SourceForge?