[Owasp-leaders] Full time OWASP evangelist...

Konstantinos Papapanagiotou Konstantinos at owasp.org
Fri Dec 14 21:00:16 UTC 2012

I've said in many occasions that I'm against OWASP having a CEO, and if an
"evangelist" means CEO, then I guess I'm against it as well. The main
reason would be that it would potentially place too much attention on a
single person and that person might end up actually "being" OWASP for a lot
of people.

I'd like to see that the responsibilities of that person will be before I
nominate someone. Also, what characteristics/qualities are we looking at?

Will he be doing training? Will he be the only one doing training? Why? Are
we moving away from the free training model that for example Eoin and Jim
gave? From the Training Days (
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Greece/Training/OWASP_projects_and_resources_you_can_use_TODAY)
that were huge success both financially and in terms of reaching out to the
community?

Aside from that I think that there are numerous amazing initiatives that
kicked off at some point but eventually stayed there and never grew
(training days are a perfect example). We need paid employees to make sure
that such initiatives keep going. I don't care if we call them project
managers, CEO, evangelists or whatever.

Kostas