[Owasp-leaders] Purpose of Leaders List

Tony UcedaVelez tonyuv at owasp.org
Tue Dec 11 14:55:02 UTC 2012

I think the leaders list is needed and should not be dissolved at all.  It
has been proven to facilitate dialogue amongst leaders in their growing
pains on projects/ chapters in their respective locations.  That being
said, what the leader list could use is some filtering. I know that
moderating has been tried in the past w/o too much success, but the leaders
list could use some content filtering or perhaps simply a brief reminder on
how to post messages that are not flaming people, countries, etc.  Off
topic to the business of OWASP, its values, mission, industry scope and
obviously its projects/ chapters should probably not be included.

I have found the list to be helpful in multiple respects on topics and
exchanges that are topical - everything related to new cheat sheets being
developed, to new OWASP training vids being published to even how new
chapters in APAC or elsewhere are flourishing.

I'm not against some of the ideas of having unique lists around governance,
etc being developed, I do think that if specific to a certain topic and the
content and conversation is sufficient and the subscription is strong
enough, they should definitely warrant their own list.

Best,

--

Tony UcedaVelez

*Atlanta Chapter President*