[Owasp-leaders] Chapter leader needs to get academic supporter for Richland college in Dallas

Michael Coates michael.coates at owasp.org
Fri Dec 7 06:35:20 UTC 2012

I think there may be some confusion.  The membership page (
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Membership) outlines the benefits and
qualifications for various organizations that wish to support OWASP.

Richland college is an academic institution and would receive the following
benefits as an Academic Support of OWASP:

Voice During Elections<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Voice_During_Elections>
Recognition on OWASP.org
Website<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Recognition_on_OWASP.org_Website>
Recognition in Newsletter<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Recognition_in_Newsletter>

Following the Academic Supporter link (
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Academic_Supporter) you'll see the
following requirements:

*Bartered Requirements*

   - Provide meeting space for the local chapter.
   - Be open to discuss including OWASP education material in the
   curriculum to students.
   - Provide feedback to help improve OWASP education material.
   - Encourage students to apply for OWASP Grants and work on projects for
   OWASP Foundation that will help them build real world industry experience.

Hope this helps clear things up.

-Michael

--
Michael Coates | OWASP | @_mwc