[Owasp-leaders] Upcoming Chapter Leader Workshops
kate.hartmann at owasp.org
Wed Aug 29 13:07:10 UTC 2012
* Dear OWASP Leaders,
* The Global Chapter Committee invites all chapter leaders to participate in
the two upcoming Chapter Leader Workshops.
* AppSec North America Austin, Texas, USA
* http://www.appsecusa.org <http://www.appsecusa.org>
* Workshop to be held at the conference venue on October 24th (the day
before the conference)
> * September 10 - Appsec USA Chapters Workshop sponsorships applications due
> * Sepember 14 - Applicants notified of status
* AppSec LATAM Montevideo, Uruguay
* Workshop to be held at the conference Venue on November 19th, 2012 (the
day before the conference)
> * September 17th - AppSec Latam Chapters workshop sponsorship applications due
> * September 21 - Applicants notified of status
* We plan to start with a 1.5 hour session including an overview of the
chapter handbook. This session will be video taped and available for chapter
leaders to use in their local chapters (or to be viewed by those unable to
attend). The second part of the workshop will be a roundtable
* discussion on regional issues and challenges, with a goal of working
together to create solutions. If you are interested in participating in
either of these workshops, please register for the conference and select
this workshop, please register for the Conference and select the optional
session "chapter leaders workshop" as part of the registration process.
Remember that conference attendance is free for current chapter and project
* *If you need financial assistance* to attend the Chapter Leader Workshops
please submit a request to via the Contact Us Form
http://owasp4.owasp.org/contactus.html by the application deadline for each
of the events.
* * Priority of sponsorships will be given to those not covered by a
sponsorship to attend a previous workshop. Additionally, we are looking for
new or struggling chapter leaders who need assistance kick starting their
* * When you apply for funding, please let us know *why we should sponsor
you*. While we prefer that chapter leaders use their own chapter's funds
before requesting a sponsorship, this is not a requirement for application.
* * If your chapter has fund but will not be using them to sponsor your
attendance, please include why you will not be using the funds for this
purpose (i.e. what are the other plans for those funds?).
* If any questions, please contact us at:
* Best regards,
* Kate Hartmann on behalf of the Global Chapters Committee
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OWASP-Leaders