[Owasp-leaders] Fwd: OWASP Orange County Inactive for w-w/2 years

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Sat Aug 18 21:37:09 UTC 2012

Richard,

According to the chapters website, they were supposed to have several
meetings this year.  One on March 12 and then what looks like a co-promoted
meeting with the OWASP LA Chapter on April 25.  Did these events not take
place?  Officially, a chapter has to have a minimum of one meeting per year
before it can be considered inactive and it looks like we're just barely
past that if neither of those events actually happened as the last
"Previous Meeting" on the website was from September 14.  That said, I
understand your frustrations as the one meeting thing is the bare minimum
and the Chapters Committee would strongly recommend meetings at least
quarterly if not monthly.  At the very least, it sounds like this chapter
could use some fresh blood to compliment it's current leadership team.

Sincerely,

Josh Sokol
Chair, OWASP Global Chapters Committee