[Owasp-leaders] Why it's ok to pay leaders

Dinis Cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Thu Apr 12 14:40:40 UTC 2012

Well , I listed about 14 reasons why this is a bad idea (on an email on
this thread and also posted on my blog:
http://diniscruz.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/why-owasp-cant-pay-owasp-leaders.html
)

And if you don't agree with my items, could you please list the ones you
think I'm wrong, with the reasons why?

The problem is always with details, and for example, Ken what you describe
in *"...fair and equitable selection process, with appropriate checks and
balances, removal of conflicts of interest..." *is just about impossible to
do at OWASP (for example I've never seen it happen (some of the 14 items in
http://diniscruz.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/why-owasp-cant-pay-owasp-leaders.html
also
explain why this is impossible to do)).

And In my point of view, that inability to implement such  *"...fair and
equitable selection process, with appropriate checks and balances, removal
of conflicts of interest..." *is one of OWASP's strongest assets and
self-control mechanisms.

Can I again remind you that we even don't have a project manager and can
manage our current projects/process/workflows (see
http://diniscruz.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/project-management-at-owasp.html)

Dinis Cruz