[Owasp-leaders] On Project Reboots

Eoin eoin.keary at owasp.org
Tue Apr 10 11:08:07 UTC 2012

Hi John,

I value your views on this but I need to also challenge them as part of a
healthy debate :)

Just to feel out what you are saying.....

So your idea is to drop the development guide?....The cheat sheets are only
a year old so that is not a valid reason for the drop-off on the dev guide
activity or relevance.

Its (dev guide) not in demand anymore because it is old, it is old so it is
not in demand anymore ("catch 22")?
It was a very popular guide in its time.

The last release of the testing guide was 2008, is this the same issue....?
The code review guide was also 2008. I get at least 10 emails per week
asking about the new release of the testing guide...

Funds can be used to get people together (fund meetings for projects) etc
not simply to pay an hourly rate. (you would probably make more flipping
burgers anyways). :)

Funds can be used to market OWASP via its projects, guides etc...I don't
see whats wrong here?
User guides, training, updating documentation, getting projects to
"production quality" are all positive activities, No?

Is it better we spend our funds on localised meetings or conferences? They
shall not have any impact in the global problem of web application
insecurity IMO.

-ek