[Owasp-leaders] "OWASP foundation has limited shrinking funds" comment

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Fri Apr 6 15:33:55 UTC 2012

Dinis/ALL

The volunteers of the OWASP Foundation that serve the community.  On the board of directors this year is: (Eoin, Matt, Dave, Michael, Seba Myself)  have a monthly board meeting that is 'O" open to anyone who wants to dial in. Monthly we publish the financial reports are posted for everyone to review as well as deliberation information, proposals from committees and monthly reports by the director (kate) and paid staff members (sarah, kelly, alison).  This is also the time when the committees are to report in (the chairs of a delegate from the team) that have been working on global issued that effect us in one of the following areas (Projects, Education, Membership, PR, Industry, Chapters) the best committees have already discussed ideas, concepts and proposed changes in cross collaboration to other committees raised by leaders globally (*note these committees -  also have there own monthly calls for tactical items)

To catch up on all the threads and reasons etc...  check out:  https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Board_Meetings as the centralized place for this information.  We try to meet every month same time same place...when possible and when a  AppSec is in town that becomes a focused "meet-up" for a face to face meeting like we did Thursday at AppSecDC.

** All requests for staff activities should be directed to Kate for prioritization please - when the "to many indians" problem happens we fill up inboxes and nothing gets done...  As a example we had over 300 requests come to OWASP Foundation from our community requesting action via the CONTACT US request at: https://www.owasp.org this would greatly help as a community.  This is actually GREAT as we then can see what the most FAQ is, when requests come in they get routed and if we can see a trend we can address it.

It should also be noted that the committees by design represent the tactical areas of focus for the community globally. Recently we have confirmed new faces and (ALL) if you have a issue that needs to be addressed as a global item effecting OWASP be sure to find the time to join the next committee call to discuss it. eMails are great... but as many would agree talking is critical and meet-up's as Global AppSec events/Summits as example is priceless in staying on mission.

**See new members:  https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Global_Committee_Pages

Hope that helps everyone with where they might consider looking for intel on the who, what, when where and why.

The OWASP is still very small and nimble.

On Apr 6, 2012, at 10:08 AM, dinis cruz wrote:

> Following the recent "...OWASP foundation has limited shrinking funds..." comment on the Summit Thread, can we get a clarification of the current financial situation of OWASP?
>
> Kate, Sarah, Alison, Board?
>
> Can you guys give us an top level view of where we are, with links to the latest data.
>
> Last time I looked, there wasn't major alert signals, so can we get this clarification?
>
> Thanks
>
> Dinis Cruz

Tom Brennan
International Board of Directors