[Owasp-leaders] Google Summer Of Code - limited places

Fabio Cerullo fcerullo at owasp.org
Wed Apr 4 13:22:21 UTC 2012

All,

Just to clarify a bit more Simon's mail below we received so far 22
proposals from students across the globe that are willing to
participate in different OWASP projects through Google Summer of Code.
As this is our first time participating in this programme, Google will
not be provide funding for all of them and probably only a few will be
accepted leaving several strong candidates outside this initiative.

I believe Simon proposal is to "sponsor" some of these students by
using OWASP funds. However, I think it is still too early to know how
many student proposals will be accepted by Google. That decision will
be made at the end of April and until then we shouldn't be much
concerned about this. Once we know the final number of accepted
students, and those potentially left out, we could then discuss if
some OWASP funds could be allocated.

I will keep you posted about the progress in the following weeks.

Thanks,

Fabio