[Owasp-leaders] Owasp projects reboot

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Mon Apr 2 13:35:49 UTC 2012

I completely agree that we need much more focus/energy on projects.

Two key problems we have with out 'flagship projects' are: (ignoring for
now the challenge identifying them)

A) we can't pay our owasp-leaders for their contributions
B) these projects have grown to such size , that significant changes (worth
investing) don't come cheap and without significant time commitment (which
for the owasp-leaders will have to be either paid by their current employee
or volunteered from his/hers spare time/holidays)

One way to get this done is to organise mini-summits where we (owasp) puts
(ie pays for expenses) the key players in the same place for N days , with
a mission to do XYZ

Dinis Cruz

On 2 Apr 2012, at 14:25, Eoin <eoin.keary at owasp.org> wrote:

I suppose you make a good point.
Simply, I want our flagship  projects rebooted or fine tuned or marketed so
owasp does not turn into an event/conference driven organisation, it seems
all we ever talk about are conferences.

We need to have  a strong base from which to hold such events, my view the
base is what we do to engage with civilisation: projects, training,
support, knowledge, research....I don't see so much of that going on
anymore.

Eoin Keary
BCC Risk Advisory
Owasp Global Board
+353 87 977 2988

On 2 Apr 2012, at 12:43, Dennis Groves <dennis.groves at owasp.org> wrote:

Interesting idea - what happens when somebody passionate comes along and
wants to poor a lot of energy into a project that is abandoned - and the
'project leader' is long disappeared from the internets (Think Why the
lucky stiff for example)? How do we turn over the keys to that individual?

Also who is on the project committee, and are they involved in this
conversation? It seems they have some actions they owe the community...

Dennis

--
Dennis Groves <http://about.me/dennis.groves>, MSc
dennis.groves at owasp.org

 <http://www.owasp.org/>

*This work is licensed under the Creative Commons
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of
this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/ or
send a letter to Creative Commons, 444 Castro Street, Suite 900, Mountain
View, California, 94041, USA.*