[Owasp-leaders] Owasp projects reboot

Tobias tobias.gondrom at owasp.org
Sun Apr 1 15:00:51 UTC 2012

Dennis, interesting thought.
Maybe one idea following from that, to learn more about the value/usage
of what we have: we could start tracking download stats (if we don't
already do that) of some of our projects. Might give interesting
indications on what is being used out there.
E.g. we could simply compare the stats for downloads for e.g.
webgoat/openSAMM/ESAPI?... and possibly for main page hits for
individual project pages - but please project leads, don't game the
system... ;-)  )

Just a thought, Tobias

Ps.: btw. one of the main concerns with OWASP project page when I
present it to others is there is so much and the quality varies greatly
and some stuff is slightly outdated. And you only find out some of the
gems by actually going through everything. I like the Stable/Beta/Alpha
system, but think we could update/improve on that.