[Owasp-leaders] New OWASP project

Christian Heinrich christian.heinrich at owasp.org
Mon Oct 31 21:34:00 EDT 2011

Jim,

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 12:16 PM, Jim Manico <jim.manico at owasp.org> wrote:

> This project is an open source database to aid in malware detection.
> Detecting malware is a crucial defensive mechanism when building file
> upload services.
> Providing good application security tools for developers helps aid our
> mission of spreading awareness.

I believe this is already addressed i.e.
http://code.google.com/apis/safebrowsing/

Tripwire had a product (which I am not sure if it still exists) which would
generate the hash of web pages on a web server - I am not sure if it
automatically replaced the web pages if they were modified i.e. defacement
and/or stopped the web (Operating System) service.

Maybe Lucas could add this to his roadmap?

--
Regards,
Christian Heinrich